Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Assessment studies on exemptions
"Adaptation to Scientific and Technical Progress under Directive 2011/65/EU" - Evaluation of requests for new exemptions and/or review or renewal of existing exemptions
- Commissioned by: DG Environment
- Authors: Öko-Institut, Eunomia and Fraunhofer IZM
- Description: The Commission frequently receives requests from industry for applications to be exempted from the substance restrictions of Directive 2011/65/EU. These requests need to be evaluated in order to assess whether they fulfill the requirements mentioned at Article 5(1)(a) of the Directive.
- Information on the assessment preparatory activities including the stakeholders' consultations can be found on the RoHS adaptation page.
- All scientific reports, including those for the RoHS 1 amendments 2009–2011, are available on the project entry page; below the direct links to the published reports since the entry into force of RoHS 2: