EU Waste Legislation
A. Framework waste legislation
- Regulation (EC) No 1013/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 June 2006 on shipments of waste. This Regulation specifies under which conditions waste can be shipped between countries.
- Decision 2000/532/EC establishing a list of wastes. This Decision establishes the classification system for wastes, including a distinction between hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. It is closely linked to the list of the main characteristics which render waste hazardous contained in Annex III to the Waste Framework Directive above.
- Legislative changes concerning the list of waste and hazardousness properties (applicable from 1 June 2015):
- Commission Decision (EU) No 2014/955/EU of 18 December 2014 amending Decision 2000/532/EC on the list of waste pursuant to Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council Text with EEA relevance (OJ L 370, 30.12.2014, p. 44–86 )
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1357/2014 of 18 December 2014 replacing Annex III to Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on waste and repealing certain Directives (OJ L 365, 19.12.2014, p. 89–96)