Mrs Kirsten Brosbøl was appointed Minister for the Environment the 3. February 2014. Mrs Brosbøl is a member of The Danish Social Democrats.
Period of Political Membership
- From 13th of November 2007 until now: Member of Parliament for the Social Democrats. Elected in East Jutland greater constituency
- From the 8th of February 2005 to the 13th November 2007: Member of Parliament for the Social Democrats. Elected in Aarhus greater constituency
From 2004: Candidate for the Social Democrats in the Skanderborg constituency
Mrs. Brosbøl is the former rapporteur on Research and Higher Education as well as former rapporteur on Gender Equality and Food (food, animal transport and animal welfare).
Mrs. Brosbøl has been contributing to; Globalisation Agreements, the Finance Act, the University Act, the Accreditation Act, the Research Act, the Teaching Training Act and the Student Progress Reform.
Mrs. Brosbøl is the co-founder and former chairman of the bilateral network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. The network operates across political interests in the Danish parliament to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights in Denmark as well as internationally.
- 2004 to 2005: Political Consultant, the Danish Social Democrats in the European Parliament
- 2001 to 2004: Student assistant, the Social Democratic Parliamentary Group
- 1997 - 2005: MSc Public administration and international development, the University of Roskilde, DK
- 2002 - 2003: MA Contemporary War & Peace Studies, University of Sussex, UK
- 1999: Erasmus exchange at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- 1993 - 1996: Odder High School, DK
Kirsten Brosbøl was born at the 14 December 1977 in Odder, Denmark. She is daughter of Craftsman Lars Peter Brosbøl and Nurse Bente Jensen Skødt. The Minister is the mother of two children. She resides with her family in Copenhagen.