Eurobarometer: Attitudes of Europeans towards resource efficiency
The primary objective of this Flash Eurobarometer survey (Flash No 316) was to gauge EU citizens’ perceptions, attitudes and practices concerning resource efficiency, waste management and recycling. Read more...
In detail, the survey examined:
- citizens’ perceptions of Europe’s efficiency in its use of natural resources;
- the amount of waste EU households produce and whether they separate that waste for recycling or composting;
- citizens’ views on how to pay for waste management;
- citizens’ perceptions of the importance of a product’s environmental impact when making purchasing decisions;
- citizens’ willingness to buy second-hand products and products that made of recycled materials.
Read the summary (pdf, English).