Second Forum of Marine Protected Areas in the Mediterranean – “Integrating Natura 2000 objectives in MPA management”
Date: 30 November 2016
Location: Tangier, Morocco
Every 4 years, the Forum of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) in the Mediterranean triggers a unique process during which all interested parties tackle the challenges MPAs face in the region. The high point of this Forum process is a 4-day event to assess the progress made and what’s left ahead according to the MPA Roadmap developed at the 1st Forum (2012) and now adopted by the Barcelona Convention.
As part of the EU Natura 2000 Biogeographical Process, a specific Networking Event on Integrating Natura 2000 objectives in marine protected areas management was organised as part of the overall Forum programme. The Networking Event had the overall aim to share views and provide inputs on how managers can better integrate Natura 2000 requirements into their daily management activities.
- Report on Networking Event: Integrating N2000 in Marine Protected Areas (MPA) management – EUROPARC Federation
- Natura 2000: pan-European network of protected areas based on two EU Directives
- A regional overview of marine Natura 2000 sites
- Côte agathoise Marine Protected Area « Posidonia of Cap d’Agde » Natura 2000 marine site (France) An example of management in a context of many stakeholders
- The NATURA 2000 Network and MPAs in Greece
More information on the Forum meeting can be found here.