Nature & Biodiversity News Archive
- Celebratory event in Slovenia - see the pictures!
- Celebratory event in Bulgaria - see the pictures!
- Celebratory event in Poland - see the pictures!
- Celebratory event in Denmark – see the video!
- Celebrating 20 years of nature protection!
- Open call for proposals BEST 2012 launched - deadline 1 June
- Natura 2000 Newsletter - issue 31: Investing in the future of Natura 2000
- 27/01/2012: Consultation on a dedicated legislative instrument on invasive alien species. Deadline: 12/04/2012.
- 17/01/2012: DG ENV issues a Call for expression of interest in participating in a Working Group on 'No Net Loss' of Ecosystem services and their services, in the context of the EU Biodiversity Strategy to 2020. Deadline for registering 31 January 2012.
- 03/01/2012: EU biodiversity strategy to 2020 - brochure and factsheet
- 16/12/2011: BEST projects to start!
- 12/12/2011: New Commission Staff Working Paper on Financing Natura 2000
- 08/12/2011: The EU Cormorant Platform is online!
- 22/11/2011: Alarming decline in plants, molluscs and fresh water fish. Read more (IP/11/1387)...
- 21/11/2011: Major expansion of Europe's protected natural areas.
- Natura 2000 Newsletter - issue 30: A new era for EU Biodiversty Policy
- "Investing in Natura 2000: for nature and people" - new brochure
- European Commission adopts an EU biodiversity strategy to 2020
- New Guidance on The implementation of the Birds and Habitats Directives in estuaries and coastal zones – and accompanying Commission Working Document on Integrating biodiversity and nature protection into port development, encouraging new partnerships to 'work with nature'.
- The Natura 2000 network further expanded
- Natura 2000 Newsletter - issue 29 -Promoting socio-economic benefits of Natura 2000
- 7/12/2010: Public Consultation on financing Natura 2000 now open!
- The landmark decision on Biodiversity at CBD COP10
- Conference on Green Infrastructure, 19 November 2010
- 29/10/2010: Reconciling Wind energy development and Natura 2000 - new guidelines - Press release
- 08/10/2010: 2010 Assessment of EU Biodiversity Action Plan
- 02/09/2010: New factsheet: Monitoring the impact of EU Biodiversity Policy
- 07/08/2010: Call for tender: Integrating nature & biodiversity and land use data
- 17/07/2010: Call for tenders - Assessing and controlling the spread and effects of common ragweed in Europe - deadline for submission: 10 September 2010
- 08/07/2010: Open call for proposals: Ragweed 2010
- 01/07/2010: Natura 2000 Newsletter - issue 28 - Stepping up action for biodiversity
- 01/06/2010: Launch of Biodiversity Information System for Europe
- 19/04/2010: Stakeholder Consultation - Post-2010 Biodiversity Strategy
If you want to participate, please have a look at the Call of Interest.
- 07/04/2010: The European Business and Biodiversity Platform - get involved!
- 26/03/2010: European Council conclusions: "14. There is an urgent need to reverse continuing trends of biodiversity loss and ecosystem
degradation. The European Council is committed to the long term biodiversity 2050 vision
and the 2020 target set out in the Council's conclusions of 15 March 2010."
- 19/03/2010: The Biodiversity Campaign website is online!
- 16/03/2010: Red alert for Dragonflies, beetles and butterflies!
- The Commission sets out possible options for post - 2010 EU Biodiversity Policy
- The Natura 2000 network extended
- Natura 2000 Newsletter - issue 27 - Working with nature
- Keeping ecosystems healthy makes economic sense, see new report (TEEB)
- Ecosystem Goods and Services - the facts
- Nature's role in climate change - the facts
- 'The Message from Athens' - new leaflet available
- Natura 2000 publications updated ! 'Europe's nature for you' and 'Conservation in Partnership' in many more languages
- Biogeographical regions brochures completed ! Full set of 9 brochures available
- Commission Report on Conservation Status of Habitats and Species
- June 2009: Natura 2000 Newsletter - Issue 26 - Healthcheck for Habitats and Species
- Call for evidence on the economics of ecosystems and biodiversity (TEEB): D2 Report for local and regional policy levels (08/06/2009)
- Invasive Alien Species - fact sheet
- Athens conference: BIODIVERSITY PROTECTION BEYOND 2010 - all presentations now available
- Monday 16 March 2009, Official launch of EU guide to the sustainable hunting of wild birds.
- December 2008: Natura 2000 Newsletter - Invasive Alien Species
- 16/12/2008: EU Biodiversity Action Plan Report 2008
- 12/12/2008: Major extension of Natura 2000 adopted
- 05/12/2008: 'Towards an EU Strategy on Invasive Species' is adopted.
- 01/10/2008: New call for evidence on the economic consequences of biodiversity loss (TEEB Phase II)
- 11/09/2008: Updated Hunting Guide now available in 22 languages
- July 2008: Natura 2000 Newsletter - Issue 24 - Business and Biodiversity
- 25/06/2008: Art.17-reporting: view the conservation status assessments of habitats and species
- 16/06/2008: Invasive Alien Species: Results of Public Consultation
- Green Week: Session 1 and 2 on the Value of Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Review on The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity: Preliminary findings
- The EU Biodiversity Action Plan: Introductory Guide and Posters
- 28/07/2008: Consultation on the EU-level conservation status assessments of habitats and species now open!
- 13/05/2008: Opening of Global Conferences on Biodiversity and Biosafety.The 4th Meeting of the Parties to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety (CPB MOP4) started yesterday in Bonn, Germany. It will be followed by the 9th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD COP9), also in Bonn, between 19-30 May. Read more
- 28/03/2008: Good news for butterflies, bats and bears. Read more (IP/08/476)
- 28/03/2008: Details on specific additions to the Natura 2000 network in January and March 2008, broken down by country. Read more (MEMO/08/190)
- 10/03/2008: Guidance document on the strict protection of animal species under the 'Habitats' Directive (Art.12) now available in German and French
- 06/03/2008: Review on the Economics of Biodiversity Loss - March 2008 Workshop
- 10-11/06/2008: Pan-European Conference on Population Level Management Plans for Large Carnivores, Slovenia
- 03/03/2008: Public Consultation on Invasive Alien Species
- 05/02/2008: "EU Biodiversity Action Plan - 2007 implementation report"
- 31/01/2008: Nature protection: Commission takes legal action against Portugal over protected bird areas
Read more (IP/08/154)
- 31/01/2008: Nature protection: Commission takes Malta to court over spring hunting, closes Finnish case
Read more (IP/08/153)
- Eurobarometer on Biodiversity - Survey results on attitudes of Europeans
- Natura 2000 Newsletter - issue 23 - Endangered Plants
- Commission adopts a major extension of the Natura 2000 network - Updated/new lists of sites
- Call for evidence on the Economics of Biodiversity Loss
- Common crane stops over in newly restored wetlands in Belgian Ardennes
Nature protection: Commission takes legal action over spring hunting in Malta, closes Cyprus case Read more (IP/07/1509)
Nature protection: Commission takes legal action against Romania for infringement of biodiversity legislation Read more (IP/07/1508)
- European Mammals Assessment
- New database on Large Carnivores
- Natura 2000 Newsletter – Issue 22 - 'Biodiversity and Climate Change'
on Large Carnivores
2000 Newsletter – Issue 22 - 'Biodiversity and Climate Change'