New Publication! Frequently Asked Questions about links between the MSFD and the implementation of the Habitats and Birds Directive (resp. 92/43/EEC and 2009/147/EC).Read more here!
The document aims to identify and clarify interactions, synergies, differences and potential areas for greater coordination between these instruments concerning the conservation of marine biodiversity. It has benefitted from the joint input of Member States dealing with the implementation of the three Directives.
- The study on the "Economic assessment of policy measures for the implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive" has been published. It proposes an economic assessment of four categories of policy measures that could be used to implement the MSFD: Command-and-Control instruments; Market-Based Instruments; social instruments (information, awareness raising); and technical measures. Click here for more information.
- Would you drink your wastewater? Find out if you can and read our new brochure here .
- Tackling the threat of marine litter, flyer on marine litter in the Mediterranean published for the Conference of the Parties of the Barcelona Convention (February 2012)
- Mediterranean offshore activities: enhancing their environmental safety, flyer published for the Conference of the Parties of the Barcelona Convention (February 2012)
- Report of the Technical Subgroup on Underwater Noise and other forms of energy published (February 2012)
- Marine Litter: Technical Recommendations for the Implementation of the MSFD Requirements published (2011)
- “Seas for Life – Protected, Sustainable, Shared European Seas by 2020”, brochure on the Marine Directive published in 2011
- “Marine Litter: Time To Clean Up Our Act”, flyer on marine litter published in 2010
- “Marine ecosystems under the weather- The European Commission’s commitment to cleaner seas and oceans by 2020”, published in 2009
- “EU Marine Strategy- A story behind the strategy”, published in 2006