Energy and environment
Studies and guidelines
DG ENV is working on gathering further knowledge on environmental impacts and risks of energy resources and assessing relevant policies, notably via external studies.
It is also providing guidance on the application of existing EU environmental legislation to specific energy resources.
- Macro-economic effects of shale gas extraction in the EU, 2014
- Mitigation of climate impacts of possible future shale gas extraction in the EU: available technologies, best practices and options for policy makers, 2014 (DG CLIMA study)
- Study on the Assessment of Land and Water Use Scenarios for Shale Gas Development: Poland and Germany, 2013
- overview of hydraulic fracturing and other formation stimulation technologies for shale gas production, 2013
- Assessment of the use of certain substances in hydraulic fracturing of shale gas reservoirs under REACH, 2013
- Study on the regulatory provisions governing key aspects of unconventional gas development in eight Member States, 2013
- Potential Risks for the Environment and Human Health Arising from Hydrocarbons Operations Involving Hydraulic Fracturing in Europe, 2012
- Climate Impact of Potential Shale Gas Production in the EU, 2012
- Unconventional Gas: Potential Energy Market Impacts in the European Union, 2012
- Studies on water and energy, Green Week 2012
- Study on photovoltaic panels supplementing the impact assessment for a recast of the Directive on waste electrical and electronic equipment (2002/96/EC), 2011
- Studies on environmental harmful subsidies and energy taxation