Clean Technology for Smart Cities and Buildings
4th – 9th September 2013, Lausanne, Switzerland
The CISBAT 2013 International Conference, focusing on the topic “Clean Technology for Smart Cities and Buildings”, is set to take place from 4th – 6th September 2013 at the Solar Energy and Building Physics Laboratory of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Lausanne (EPFL), in Lausanne, Switzerland. The three-day event is being run by the hosting organisation in conjunction with its global partners University of Cambridge, MIT and IBPSA.
CISBAT 2014 will bring together international experts who will be discussing and presenting the newest information and latest achievements in the field of sustainability in the built environment across the world. The programme includes international key-note speakers to debate in scheduled sessions on the following topics:
- Nanostructured materials for renewable energies (solar nanotechnologies)
- Sustainable building envelopes (ecobuildings)
- Solar active and passive cooling (natural ventilation)
- Day lighting and electric lighting (green lighting)
- Indoor environment quality (occupants’ comfort, health and behaviour)
- Advanced building control systems (biomimetic strategies)
- Urban ecology and metabolism (material and energy flows)
- Integration of renewable energy in the built environment (electricity, heating and cooling)
- Building and urban simulation (smart buildings – smart cities)
- Information technologies and software (computer simulation)
For more information on CISBAT 213 Conference please visit here.
European Green Capital Award
The European Green Capital initiative rewards cities that achieve high environmental standards and are committed to sustainable development and green growth. The winning cities become role models for green economies throughout Europe and beyond. If your city is interested in applying to become a European Green Capital, the call for 2016 has been launched. For more information on how to apply please visit here.
For more information on the European Green Capital Award click here.