12th International Electronics Recycling Congress IERC 2013
January 16th – 18th, Salzburg, Austria
The 12th International Electronics Recycling Congress IERC 2013 is set to take place from January 16th-18th, 2013 in Salzburg, Austria.
There will be over 500 experts from industry, authorities and academia in attendance who will be discussing and presenting the newest information and challenges facing the WEEE recycling business.
WEEE stands for The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive) which is the European Community directive 2002/96/EC on which is waste that is electrical and electronic. The WEEE Directive sets out the targets for the collection, recycling and recovery for all types of electrical goods.
The events provisional program includes sessions and discussions such as;
- Round table discussion with industry leaders: “free trade vs. fair trade”
- How do electronics manufacturing companies close the recycling loop?
- Worldwide take back schemes and challenges of OEMs
- Size matters – Economy of scale of WEEE recycling and future challenges
- WEEE recast, E-scrap recycling standards, compliance and controls
- Reports about strategic metals recycling (PGM, rare earth elements)
- How to recycle E-waste containing hazardous elements
- Robbery of materials and illegal exports
- Challenges of collection and logistics
- Best available recycling technologies
There will be a large exhibition area integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors can meet their clients. There will also be a cocktail reception and a networking dinner which will offer an excellent opportunity for those who wish to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The IERC congress will also be offering tours of local plants to leading recycling companies in the vicinity of Salzburg, this will include;
- Lighting and flat screen recycling facility
- Electronics recycling facility
- Steel mill with plastics recovery
- Scrap and waste treatment plant
- Copper smelter
- Plastics recycling plant
- Metal scrap and sorting yard
Waste reduction and management is one of the 12 assessment criteria that applicant cities are evaluated on when entering the European Green Capital Award competition.
For more information visit http://www.icm.ch/12th-international-electronics-recycling-congress-ierc-2013
For more information on The European Green Capital and how to apply visit http://ec.europa.eu/environment/europeangreencapital/index_en.htm