The European Green Leaf Network (EGLN) is a network of past and present Green Leaf winners and those shortlisted for the award. The network currently includes Cornellà de Llobregat (Spain), Galway (Ireland), Leuven (Belgium), Ludwigsburg (Germany), Mikkeli (Finland), Mollet del Vallès (Spain), Torres Vedras (Portugal) and Växjö (Sweden).
The European Green Leaf Network provides its members with the opportunity to collaborate and exchange ideas and experiences with colleagues from other city administrations who have a similar high level of ambition and commitment to the environment. The common aspect of EGLN members is their high performance within the EGL competition.
The goals of the EGLN are outlined as follows:
- Branding – to assist Network members to gain additional visibility and have the opportunity to showcase best practices
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Sharing of information and experiences with DG Environment
- Undertaking shared initiatives
To date 3 EGLN meetings have taken place:
- 23rd June 2016 – Ljubljana – EGLN Set Up Meeting
- 1st and 2nd December 2016 – Mollet del Vallès – A focus on Nature and Biodiversity
- 23rd March 2017 – Torres Vedras – A focus on Sustainable Food
Every meeting will focus on one of six topic areas of the European Green Leaf Award
The EGLN is currently managed by Torres Vedras, Portugal. For further information about the EGLN please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The European Green Capital winning and shortlisted cities also have a European Green Capital Network (EGCN) which has similar aims to the EGLN. Find out more about the EGCN here.
See below for a map of current EGLN members.