Benefits of EGLA
Why should my city apply?
The European Green Leaf Award is environmental recognition for cities with a good environmental record and a green growth commitment. The European Green Leaf Award will be presented to winning cities as a seal of approval, which will be bestowed on them at the European Green Capital Awards ceremony of that year.
The European Green Leaf Award will also recognise good practice examples and applicant cities also may have the opportunity to have their achievements promoted across Europe. Applying for the European Green Leaf Award will allow cities to develop links with other environmental frontrunners in Europe and to gain exposure on an international stage.
What are the benefits?
The following advantages should convince you to participate in the European Green Leaf Award:
- Positive international media coverage
- Increased tourism
- Increased international profile, networking and new alliances
- Jobs – A European Green Leaf is more attractive to foreign investors
- Attracts public financial support
- Boosts local pride and generates a feeling of belonging
- Momentum to continue improving environmental sustainability
- More emphasis on environmental projects through sponsorship and grants
- Access to the European Green Leaf Network of previous winners and shortlisted cities to share ideas and experiences.
In addition, previous applicants have said that the application process in itself proved beneficial in evaluating their progress and plans and benchmarking themselves against their peers.
If you would like more information on the European Green Leaf Competition, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.