Please note the call for applications for the 2020 European Green Leaf Award closed on 18 October 2018. The Applicant Cities for the 2020 competition cycle will be announced shortly, so stay tuned!
Key dates for the 2020 competition cycle:
- May 2018 – Competition opens
- 18th October 2018 at 16.00 CEST (GMT +2) – Competition closes
- November 2018 – March 2019 – Assessment by Expert Panel
- April 2019 – Announcement of shortlisted cities
- May/June 2019 – Jury presentations by shortlisted cities
- May/June 2019 – Awards ceremony
About the Award
The European Green Leaf Award recognises and promotes the efforts of towns and cities (with 20,000 up to 100,000 inhabitants) towards better environmental management and outcomes.
- Climate Change & Energy Performance
- Sustainable Urban Mobility
- Nature, Biodiversity & Sustainable Land Use
- Air Quality & Noise
- Waste & Circular Economy
The Expert Panel select a shortlist of cities to go onto the next phase of the competition. The shortlisted cities are then invited to present a communications strategy substantiated by action plans on how they intend to fulfil their year as a European Green Leaf to an international Jury, should they win.
Based on the proposals from the Expert Panel and information presented to the Jury, the Jury will make the final decision and select the city to be awarded the title of European Green Leaf 2020. The winner will be announced at the EGCA Awards Ceremony in Oslo (Norway), the 2019 European Green Capital.
If you would like more information about the European Green Leaf Award, please send an email to: email@example.com.