2018 EGLA Shortlist
Three cities out of the 14 that applied for the European Green Leaf 2018 Award (EGL), have now been shortlisted and will present to the EGL Jury in Essen in June 2017. The shortlisted cities for the EGL 2018 are Leuven (Belgium), Ludwigsburg (Germany) and Växjö (Sweden).
The Call for Applications for the European Green Leaf 2018 Award closed on 16th November 2016. This competition was open to all European cities with 20,000 to 100,000 inhabitants, and entries came from nine countries across Europe
An international Expert Panel has performed a detailed technical assessment of each applicant, on the basis of six environmental topic areas. These topic areas are:
- Climate Change & Energy Performance
- Biodiversity & Land Use
- Quality of Air & the Acoustic Environment
- Waste Management & Circular Economy
- Water & Wastewater Management
The shortlisted cities have been invited to present to the Jury, setting out their achievements and future vision. The Jury will then assess the shortlisted cities in the light of all the information provided and decide on the winner(s).
The European Green Leaf 2018 Award winner(s) will be announced at the European Green Capital & European Green Leaf Awards ceremony on 2 June 2017, in Essen, Germany.
The Jury will assess the shortlisted cities based on the following criteria:
1) The city’s overall commitment, strategy and enthusiasm, as conveyed by the presentation
2) The city’s efforts to communicate to citizens and the citizens’ engagement in environmental activities
3) The city’s potential to act as a ‘green ambassador’, promoting good practice and spreading the EGL concept further
If you would like more information about the European Green Leaf Award, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.