The shortlisted cities are invited to present their vision, action plans and communication strategy to the Jury.
The Jury will assess the shortlisted cities based on the following evaluation criteria:
1) The city’s overall commitment, vision and enthusiasm as conveyed through the presentation.
2) The city’s capacity to act as a role model to inspire other cities, promote best practices and spread the EGC model further – bearing in mind city size and location.
3) The city’s communication actions including:
• Citizen communication to date in relation to the 12 environmental criteria, effectiveness via changes in citizen behaviour, lessons learned and proposed modifications for the future.
• The extent to which the city’s local partnering has gained social and economic advantages.
• Outline of the city’s EGC communication strategy should it win.
The Jury includes representatives from:
The European Commission, DG Environment
The European Parliament, ENVI Committee
The Committee of the Regions
The European Environment Agency
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
The European Environmental Bureau
The Covenant of Mayors Office
For more information on the application process please click here