For the final stage of the EGCA competition, finalist cities are invited to present a communications strategy substantiated by action plans on how they intend to fulfil their European Green Capital year to an international Jury.
The Jury assesses the EGCA finalist cities based on the following evaluation criteria:
- The city’s overall commitment, vision and enthusiasm as conveyed through the presentation.
- The city’s capacity to act as a role model, to inspire other cities, promote best practices and further raise awareness of the EGC model.
- The city’s communication strategy and actions, which should address:
- Citizen communication and involvement to date in relation to the 12 environmental indicators, including effectiveness via changes in citizen behaviour, lessons learned and proposed modifications for the future.
- The extent of the city’s partnering (local, regional and national) to gain maximum social and economic leverage.
- How they intend to fulfil their role of EU Ambassador, inspiring other cities.
The Jury makes its final decision based on the quality of this presentation and the winner is announced at an annual Awards Ceremony.
This year, the Jury includes representatives from:
|The European Commission, DG Environment|
|The European Parliament|
|European Environmental Bureau|
|ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability|
|The Covenant of Mayors Office|
For more information on the application process please click here