Call for Experts
Open Call for 2018 EGCA Expert Panel Members extended to May 15th
The call for applications to become a member of the European Green Capital Expert Panel for the 2018 European Green Capital Award Cycle has been extended by 1 week and will close at 13.00CET on Friday 15th May.
In the upcoming cycle, 2 indicator areas will be refreshed. The indicators for which applications are invited are:
- Indicator 3 – Green urban areas incorporating sustainable land use
- Indicator 5 – Ambient air quality
Persons with specific expertise in the areas listed above and that meet the following criteria are invited to submit their application form to the EGCA Secretariat.
The criteria required for the expert panel are as follows:
- Degree qualification
- Minimum of five years post graduate experience in the specific indicator area
- Good level of spoken and written English
On behalf of the European Commission, the European Green Capital Secretariat will appoint the expert panel based on the correct balance of new and current experts, geographical balance, gender balance, qualifications, experience and availability.
Between 8 and 15 applications for the title of European Green Capital is the usual number of applications to be received. The amount of work foreseen is in the order of, but not limited to, 10 days. The expert contract for the 2018 EGCA Evaluation will run from June 2015 until June 2016.
The Panel is composed of internationally acknowledged experts in 12 indicator areas:
- Climate change: Mitigation & Adaptation
- Local transport
- Green urban areas incorporating sustainable land use
- Nature and biodiversity
- Ambient air quality
- Quality of the Acoustic environment
- Waste production and management
- Water management
- Waste water treatment
- Eco innovation and sustainable employment
- Energy performance
- Integrated environmental management
Duties of an expert panel member include:
- Responding to queries from applicant cities via the Secretariat
- Assessment of primary indicator area
- Peer review of a secondary indicator area
- Preparation of technical comments for reporting purposes
- Evaluation of applications normally occurs from October to March inclusive
- Attendance at three evaluation meetings (travel is required)
- Review of application form indicator text
- Review of the guidance note on indicator area
- Any other items of work as requested by the Secretariat within reason
An individual stipend of €5,000 is foreseen (in addition to travel expenses as per standard EC experts’ reimbursement rules).
Interested parties should send (in English) their CV, complete with cover note specifying which indicator(s) they wish to be considered for, and why they would like to be part of the Expert Panel (max 500 words) to the Secretariat email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th May 2015 13.00 CET
For any queries on this call for experts please contact the Secretariat via email or phone: +353 86 827 04 24
To view the expert evaluation panel for the current award cycle, please visit the Expert Panel pages on our website.