Call for Experts
The Call for Expert Panel Members is now closed
Applications have been accepted for persons wishing to become a member of the European Green Capital Expert Panel for the 2017 European Green Capital Award Cycle.
The expert contract for the 2017 EGCA Evaluation will run from June 2014 until June 2015.
The Panel is composed of internationally acknowledged experts in 12 indicator areas:
- Climate change: Mitigation & Adaptation
- Local transport
- Green urban areas incorporating sustainable land use
- Nature and biodiversity
- Ambient air quality
- Quality of the Acoustic environment
- Waste production and management
- Water management
- Waste water treatment
- Eco innovation and sustainable employment
- Energy performance
- Integrated environmental management
Duties of an expert panel member include:
• Responding to queries from applicant cities via the Secretariat
• Assessment of primary indicator area
• Peer review of a secondary indicator area
• Preparation of technical comments for reporting purposes
• Evaluation of applications normally occurs from October to March inclusive
• Attendance at three evaluation meetings
• Review of application form indicator text
• Review of the guidance note on indicator area
• Any other items of work as requested by the Secretariat within reason
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualification
- Minimum of five years postgraduate experience in indicator area
- Good level of spoken and written English
On behalf of the European Commission the European Green Capital Secretariat will appoint the expert panel based on the correct balance of new and current experts, geographical balance, gender balance, qualifications, experience and availability. Between 8 and 15 applications for the title of European Green Capital is the norm to be received. The amount of work foreseen is in the order of, but not limited to, 10 days.
An individual stipend of €5,000 is foreseen (in addition to travel expenses as per standard EC experts’ reimbursement rules).
Interested parties can apply to be considered for one or more indicator areas and should send (in English) their CV, complete with cover note specifying which indicator(s) they wish to be considered for, and why they would like to be part of the Expert Panel (max 500 words) to the Secretariat email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 6th May 2014 13.00 CET
For any queries on this call for experts please contact the Secretariat via email or phone: +353 86 827 04 24
To view the expert evaluation panel for the current award cycle, please visit the Expert Panel pages on our website.