European Forum on Eco innovation
Held twice a year, the European fora on eco-innovation bring together specialists from the science and engineering, policy, finance, NGO, academic and business communities. Over 1 1/2 days, they present the latest developments in their fields and discuss a theme proposed by the EcoAP High Level Working Group, European Commission or host country.
These Fora are intended to be pivotal events of lasting significance; a chance for leading and emerging eco-innovators to examine current and future issues surrounding novel, dynamic, innovative and exciting areas of policy, finance and technology related to eco-innovation
The fora's goals include:
- disseminating innovative eco‑friendly ideas across disciplines
- providing an efficient interdisciplinary collaboration framework for developing innovative and comprehensive solutions to the world’s critical problems
- giving leading and emerging eco‑innovators the opportunity to examine novel, promising areas of policy, finance and technology related to eco‑innovation
- raising awareness of recent research and policies
- encouraging innovation through cross-fertilisation between disciplines and sectors
- identifying key issues that need action by national governments and the EU
- helping mobilise relevant actors around common objectives
- developing concrete strategies for future action.
The highlights and conclusions of Forum discussions and debates are disseminated after the event throughout the eco‑innovation community and beyond. Recommendations are made for future action by the business and finance worlds, as well as national and European policy makers.
Below is a list of fora that have taken place over the last few years.
Who does what?
is composed of members from the Commission, EcoAP High Level Working Group and stakeholders (mainly the business community)
- holds preparatory meetings to organise the Forum
- provides the theme & determines the objectives and schedule
- prepares a list of invitees and speakers
- arranges for publicity.
- proposes a theme
- provides the venue and other facilities
- is encouraged to organise a reception, tour, etc. for attendees.
- provides a secretariat to facilitate the meetings and activities of the Task Group and the Forum
- produces documentation and organises communication activities
- contributes to travel and accommodation expenses for Task Group members and speakers.
Lyon, France, 1-2 December 2014
17th European Forum on Eco-innovation, Lyon, France. More
Hannover, Germany, 7-8 April 2014
Wasted potential! Towards circular economy in cities. More
Hanoi, Vietnam, 12-13 November 2013
Cutting waste… Resource efficiency and eco-innovation for sustainable food chains. More
Prague, Czech Republic, 23-24 May 2013
Into clean air… Delivering innovative solutions for mobility, energy and ICT in cities. More
Lisbon, Portugal, 26-27 November 2012
Developing new markets for eco-innovation. With a special focus on water. More…
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 25-26 April 2012
Scaling-up sustainable construction. Through value chain innovation. More...
Helsinki/Lahti, Finland, 11-12 October 2011
Working with emerging economies for green growth More...
Birmingham, United Kingdom, 22-23 March 2011
Towards a Resource Efficient Economy - From Policy to Action More...
Brussels, Belgium, 29-30 November 2010
Financing the eco-innovators More...
Bilbao, Spain, 20 - 21 April 2010
Making Eco-Innovation happen in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises More...
Copenhagen, Denmark, 23 - 24 November 2009
Adapting to Climate Change through Eco-Innovation More...
Berlin, Germany, 2 - 3 April 2009
Technology transfer: Creating Partnerships for Stimulating Economic Renewal More...
Budapest, Hungary, 16 October 2008
Emerging Technologies for Eco-Innovation: Opportunities and Risks More...
Vienna, Austria, 31 January - 1 February 2008
Unlocking Global Market Opportunities More...
Paris, France, 26 - 27 November 2007
Boosting Eco-Technologies through Verification More...
Brussels, Belgium, 11 June 2007
Markets for Sustainable Construction More...
Poznan, Poland, 21-22 November 2006
Financing Eco-Innovation More...