The project aimed at promoting a new environmentally friendly solution contributing to the reduction of the environmental impact deriving from one of the most polluting industries, dairy production. The new solution is based on real-time classification of milk (without any type of manipulation) and brings to several important advantages that can be summarized as follows:
- reduced amount of milk employed in the dairy production process;
- milk efficiency improvement and high quality cheese with enhanced nutrient properties;
- improvement of dairy production and yields (up to 12%);
- facilitate the milk supply chain, important savings in operational costs for dairy farming, optimization and higher value to milk processors and premium prices to farmers.
In this page:
Economic benefits for producers are directly and strongly related to the positive environmental impacts deriving from the application of the real-time milk classification system. As a result, the milk supply chain will be optimized, and will provide a higher value to milk processors and premium prices to farmers.
- lower GHG (-9,33%) and methane emissions (-8,4%);
- less manure (-12,7%) to be disposed/recycled;
- reduced energy consumption (-11,8%).
- reduction of milk processed in farms, thus the same production rate with fewer resources employed;
- reduction of maintenance and cleaning costs, of water and energy consumption, of manure disposal costs.