e-GreenWater is an electrolytic disinfection system which enables the reuse of the process water (drain water) with nutrients in greenhouses. Major advantages of e-GreenWater systems are: •Chemical-free food safety solution •Effective inactivation of germs, virus and fungi which are resistant against customary chemicals •Better tolerance of roots and leaves which are sensitive to chemical disinfectants or biocides, partly because of their decomposition •Saving one third of fertilisers through reuse of nutrients in recycled process water after effective elimination of pathogenic germs •Wastewater-free greenhouses to meet the new EU guideline •Replacement of aggressive and polluting chemical disinfectants (biocides) •Very low energy consumption •High benefits but competitive prices There are about 3000 growers with high-tech greenhouses for vegetables and floriculture in the key EU markets with a market potential of 125Mio.€ in next 10 years. To overcome the main market barrier - the acceptance of the authorities, growers, purchasing associations and important research institutes, the envisaged work programme includes the installation and expertise of about 15 e-GreenWater systems
In this page:
(1) hygienic safety against infection resistant microorganism (2) Avoiding waste water and its pollution (3) Saving nutrients (33%) and avoiding chemicals for disinfection
- Significant better effect of e-GreenWater against dangerous resistant microorganisms in greenhouses, which will be certificated in independent laboratory.
- Successful reference projects in 5 key market countries of the EU.
- 98% electrical energy and CO2-immission for its production will be saved comparing the traditional heating disinfection; that´s 29,6Mio.kwh/year and 13.140tCO2/year
- Saving of 1/3 water and 1/3 fertilizers, that´s 367.920m³/year water (5.400€/y) with all added fertilizers(13.500€/y)
- Eco-innovative substitution of 45t/year corrosive, carcinogenic, toxic and persistent chemical disinfectants(20.250€/y)
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|NEWTEC UMWELTTECHNIK GMBH E-GREENWATER||Germany|
|NEWTEC WATER SYSTEMS NV*NWS||Belgium|