The EU Business @ Biodiversity Platform
This website is currently being redesigned to host Phase 2 of the EU Business and Biodiversity Platform. Please see below to apply for membership in the upcoming Platform.
Note - Members of the first Phase of the B@B Platform will have to re-apply using the application process below.
The European Commission is about to launch Phase 2 of the European Business and Biodiversity (B@B) Platform (brochure available here).
Phase 2 of the Platform will take a different approach from the previous phase. Firstly, it will be open to all sectors and will aim to engage businesses more actively. It will also help coordinate and raise awareness of other national and international B@B Platforms. Finally, in order to deliver tangible results, the Platform will work with business on three workstreams:
- Accounting for Natural Capital,
- Innovation for Biodiversity and Business,
- Access to Finance and Innovative Financing Mechanisms.
Become a Member of Phase 2 of the EU B@B Platform
Applications for becoming a B@B Member are now open.
B@B membership is free of charge but open to a limited number of participants. Company membership in Phase 2 of the EU B@B Platform will give business a number of benefits, including:
- Opportunities for mutual learning through sharing experiences, networking and collaborating with like-minded organisations;
- Recognition, improved brand identity and business reputation through opportunities to showcase your activities at the EU level and participate in pioneering work in the workstreams. Full members to the Platform will be able to use the B@B logo on their materials;
- Links to other networks at the national and international level;
- Opportunities to directly engage with the Commission; and
- A quarterly newsletter focusing on progress and outputs from the workstreams, signposting new content on the B@B website, and links to other relevant developments.
Click below for more information on the membership types and to fill in an application form.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 31st Dec, 2013.