18th European Forum on Eco-innovation:
Boosting competitiveness and innovation
The role of environmental labelling, management and information schemes
Make your voice heard as a European innovator, retailer and consumer. Gain a deeper understanding of the world of environmental information and management schemes. Join us in Barcelona for the 18th European Forum on Eco-innovation!
The Forum will explore how to strengthen competitiveness and innovation, in particular of SMEs, through environmental labelling, management and information schemes by presenting:
- the landscape of existing environmental schemes and their value in enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs;
- examples of successful environmental labelling, management and information initiatives;
- how we reconcile credibility of labels with the need to differentiate products;
- the role of public authorities in this area; and
- partnerships between retailers and suppliers that help consumers choose “green” products.
The 18th European Forum on Eco-innovation also provides an opportunity for participants from across Europe to:
- meet with the participants of the European Retail Forum Meeting;
- inform the on-going European Union Ecolabel and Eco Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) evaluations with key messages and recommendations for action;
- discover the best performing companies among those committed to monitor and enhance their environmental performance at the EMAS Awards Ceremony;
- learn about the first innovative technologies with performance claims verified by Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) and about the Best of Eco-innovation projects funded by the EU Competitiveness and Innovation Programme Eco-innovation initiative;
- participate in a business-to-business matchmaking session;
- Take part in the guided visit to stores demonstrating their conception and implementation of sustainability: Caprabo (Eroski Group), Mercadona, Consum.
The Forum is jointly organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Environment, the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment and the Generalitat de Catalunya with the support the Club EMAS Catalunya and the Environment Sector Group of the Enterprise Europe Network.
The event languages are English and Spanish.
With the support of: