Notified Bodies Recommendations
Notified bodies are organisations designated by the Member States on the basis of common evaluation criteria, and notified to the Commission and the other Member States.
The co-ordination group of Notified Bodies under the Safety of Toys Directive (NB-TOYS) is in charge of the preparation of recommendations.
One of the tasks of the notified bodies is proposing answers or solutions to the technical problems raised at the meetings of notified bodies, and draft the appropriate recommendations sheets which are for voluntary application by the members of the group. These documents do not represent a legal reference issued by the commission for ensuring consistent application of the toy safety directive by all stakeholders
Recommendations and Protocols under Directive 2009/48/EC
- Recommendation No 1 : format EC type examination certificate (Rev 2) [239 KB]
- Recommendation No 2 : NoBo identification number affixed to the toy (Rev 1) [47 KB]
- Recommendation No 3 : failure of safety limit (Rev 1) [67 KB]
- Recommendation No 4 : transitional period (Rev 1) [50 KB]
- Protocol No 1 : Toys submitted to EC Type-Examination (Rev 3v2) [236 KB]
- Protocol No 2 : Microbiological safety of toys (Rev 1v2) [151 KB]
- Protocol No 3 : Rotor blades in helicopter toys (Rev 3) [248 KB]
- Protocol No 4 : Washability of toys approval [187 KB]