Notified Bodies Recommendations and Protocols
Notified bodies are organisations designated by the Member States on the basis of common evaluation criteria, and notified to the Commission and the other Member States.
The co-ordination group of Notified Bodies under the Safety of Toys Directive (NB-TOYS) is in charge of the preparation of recommendations and protocols.
One of the tasks of the notified bodies is proposing answers or solutions to the technical problems raised at the meetings of notified bodies, and draft the appropriate recommendations sheets which are for voluntary application by the members of the group. These documents do not represent a legal reference issued by the commission for ensuring consistent application of the toy safety directive by all stakeholders
Recommendations and Protocols under Directive 2009/48/EC
- Recommendation No 1 : format EC type examination certificate (Rev 3)
- Recommendation No 2 : NoBo identification number affixed to the toy (Rev 1)
- Recommendation No 3 : failure of safety limit (Rev 1)
- Recommendation No 4 : transitional period (Rev 1)
- Protocol No 1 : Toys submitted to EC Type-Examination (Rev 4)
- Protocol No 2 : Microbiological safety of toys (Rev 2)
- Protocol No 3 : Rotor blades in helicopter toys (Rev 4)
- Protocol No 4 : Washability of toys approval