Virtual Tourism Observatory
A virtual tourism observatory is being proposed as a coordinated approach to gathering and storing information and as a means of guaranteeing greater synergies between different levels of tourism policy making.
The observatory will:
• provide reliable, comparable and up-to-date information for tourism policy makers, stakeholders and researchers
• identify trends and developments in the tourism industry
• support evidence-based policy making.
The Observatory will have 3 sections:
- country fact sheets to display information per Member State
- documents library to monitor and present recent developments of the sector through e.g. Flash Eurobarometer Surveys.
- links and references to guide to other (international) organisations dealing with facts & figures on tourism.
Additionally a statistical dashboard will be developed in cooperation with Eurostat to present important statistical indicators of the tourism sector.