Collection of good practices
The EDEN initiative aims not only to bring greater visibility to lesser known but excellent tourist destinations, but also to help professionals and interested localities to maximise their potential and develop tourism services in line with sustainable development principles.
On the basis of experience gained through the information received from the awarded destinations, the European Commission provides all interested parties with a list of good practices in the field of sustainable tourism.
By following these good practices you will clearly improve the quality of your tourism offer. You can get in touch with the relevant local authorities of the winning destinations in order to receive more details and suggestions and to start exchanging your experience.
- Promotion of the Territory
- Constructing an identity for the territory
- Giving one typical product a leading role in shaping the identity of the area
- Improving transport infrastructures
- Promoting a context of economic development and respect for the environment
- Promoting sport activities
- Re-discoverying hidden treasures and cultural spaces
- Recycling tourist assets under different approaches
- Cooperation, Planning and Involvement of the Stakeholders
- Building cultural parks and paths
- Giving tourists the opportunity to experience traditional activitites
- Promoting architecture
- Promoting history
- Promoting links with other cultures
- Promoting traditional literature
- Promoting all traditional artistic expressions
- Studying people's traditional skills ans knowledge
- Communication and Marketing
- Organisation of Events
- International Cooperation