EDEN Network Workshop - Clonakilty District, 25-26 February 2009
In accordance with the Declaration on the EDEN network, the Commission, in collaboration with the National Authority for Development of Tourism in Ireland, held a workshop in February 2009 in one of the winning destinations, Clonakilty District (Ireland). It focused on Sustainable Tourism Indicators and Best Practice as well as the Action Plan for the Future of the EDEN Network.
The following documents include case studies and presentations of various projects related to sustainable tourism, in particular indicators and monitoring. These documents were presented to the members of the Network and discussed during the workshop.
- 2009 Workshop programme [37 KB]
- 2009 Workshop outcome [103 KB]
- The EDEN web portal - presentation [2 MB]
- DIT-ACHIEV Model of Sustainable Tourism Management [3 MB]
- ICZM indicators and their application to assess sustainable tourism [2 MB]
- Marketing – at home and abroad [5 MB]
- Monitoring indicators - NECSTouR [144 KB]
- Network pillars - NECSTouR [149 KB]
- Moving towards sustainable tourism [2 MB]
- Case study - Sustainable clonakilty [5 MB]
- Case study - Balearic islands experiences [398 KB]
- Annoucement - 2010 Conference on networking [4 MB]
Pictures of some members of the EDEN network during the workshop - Clonakilty District, 25-26 February 2009.
The winners of EDEN I have also launched a specific initiative under the "Europe for citizens programme 2007-2013" which will promote networking activities.