EDEN Network Workshop - Kuhmo, 9-10 June 2010
In accordance with the Declaration on the EDEN Network, the Commission, in collaboration with Wild Taiga the 2008 winning EDEN destination in Finland, held a 3rd EDEN Network meeting on 9-10 June 2010 in Kuhmo (Finland). The meeting focused on cooperation and networking as well as on the Action Plan for the future of the Network and the EDEN initative in general.
The following institutions contributed to the organisation of the meeting: The Finnish Tourist Board, The Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy, The Finnish Ministry of Education, Region of Kainuu, The Finnish Forest and Park Service, Kainuu Etu Oy, Wild Taiga region’s culture and tourism organisations, The Town of Kuhmo, and the Local District of Suomussalmi.
The following documents include conclusions and presentations from the meeting:
- 2010 Workshop programme [170 KB]
- 2010 Workshop conclusions [286 KB]
- Mr. Antonio Pezzano - EDEN Network facilitator: Approach for a flexible and effective management structure and the development of a sound business plan for the period 2010-2012 [559 KB]
- Mrs. Brunella Dorigo, Eco Coscienza: Promotion EDEN destinations through www.eco-conscience.it [5 MB]
- Mr. Tuomo Tahvanainen, Development Manager, Kainuun Etu Ltd.: Reminder of the themes and objectives of the meeting [62 KB]
- Mrs. Nina Vesterinen, General Secretary, Tourism Theme Group, Rural Policy Committee: Development of cultural tourism: A Finnish model and action plan [4 MB]
- Mr. Jaakko Lehtonen, Director General, Finnish Tourist Board: Tourism Brand of Finland [3 MB]
- Mrs. Lea Häyhä, Senior Specialist – Tourism, Ministry of Employment and the Economy, Finland: Utilisation of the EDEN initiative for promoting local excellence [170 KB]
- Ph.D. Pellervo Kokkonen, Programme director, Centre of Expertise, Tourism and Experience Management, Savonlinna Innovation Centre Ltd: Building the Future of Tourism: Competitiveness through Innovation [2 MB]
- Mr Matti Tapaninen, Senior Advisor, Metsähallitus, Natural Heritage Services of Finland: Sustainability spurring the development of Finnish travel destinations associated with national parks [4 MB]
- Mrs Jaana Keränen, Sales Manager, Pohjolan Mylly Ltd: Discover Kainuu - International tourism marketing [2 MB]
- Mr Danny Silva, Project Manager, ELMA project, Snowpolis Ltd: Accessibility – barrier free leisure destination [2 MB]
Pictures of some members of the EDEN network during the workshop - Kuhmo, 9-10 June 2010.