Cooperation between Member States on Market Surveillance and the Surveillance of Notified Bodies
A dedicated expert group PED ADCO (Administrative Cooperation) has been created to reinforce cooperation between the Members of the European Economic Area to increase the efficiency of European market surveillance and the inspection of Conformity Assessment Bodies in the pressure equipment sector. Directives under the direct responsibility of this cooperation are the PED and the SPVD.
This group meets regularly with the participation of national administrations and the European Commission. The current chair of the group is Norway (Mr Knut Burud, The Directorate for Civil Protection and Emergency Planning (DSB) firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Secretariat of the group is undertaken by the European Commission (Mrs. Lucia PALMEGIANI, DG Enterprise and Industry, email@example.com).
- 2004-2005: United Kingdom (Mr Mike DOODS, Department of Trade and Industry)
- 2005-2006: France (Mr Roger FLANDRIN, Ministère de l'économie, des finances et de l'industrie)
- 2006-2007: Austria (Mr Helmut BAYER, Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Arbeit)
- 2007-2008: Germany (Mr Jörgen STEGMANN, BSG Hamburg)
- 2008-2010: Germany (Mr Michael BORZEL - Thuringian Authority for Occupational Health and Safety and Technical Consumer Protection)
The meeting serves to:
- establish communication channels between national authorities;
- exchange views and promote cooperation on individual cases and solving practical problems;
- inform each other of national methods and activities to develop and promote best practices throughout the European Economic Area.