Cooperation between Member States on Market Surveillance and the Surveillance of Notified Bodies
A dedicated working group PED ADCO (Administrative Cooperation) has been created to reinforce cooperation between the Members of the European Economic Area to increase the efficiency of European market surveillance and the surveillance of Conformity Assessment Bodies in the pressure equipment sector. Directives under the direct responsibility of this cooperation are the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and the Simple Pressure Vessels Directive (SPVD).
This group meets regularly with the participation of national administrations and the European Commission. The current chair of the group is Germany (Mr Michael BORZEL Thuringian State Office for Consumer Protection, email@example.com).
- 2004-2005: United Kingdom (Mr Mike DODDS, Department of Trade and Industry)
- 2005-2006: France (Mr Roger FLANDRIN, Ministère de l'économie, des finances et de l'industrie)
- 2006-2007: Austria (Mr Helmut BAYER, Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Arbeit)
- 2007-2008: Germany (Mr Jörgen STEGMANN, BSG Hamburg)
- 2008-2010: Germany (Mr Michael BORZEL, Thuringian Authority for Occupational Health and Safety and Technical Consumer Protection)
- 2010-2012: Norway (Mr Knut Burud, The Directorate for Civil Protection and Emergency Planning (DSB))
The meeting serves to:
- establish communication channels between national authorities;
- exchange views and promote cooperation on individual cases and solving practical problems;
- inform each other of national methods and activities to develop and promote best practices throughout the European Economic Area.