Mining, metals and minerals
Embracing steel, non-ferrous metals, non metallic mineral products (cement, ceramics, glass, and lime) and the non-energy extractive industries (mining and minerals), the mission of Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry is to ensure that these sectors can operate within a framework which allows them to achieve a high level of competitiveness, with particular regard to the principles of sustainable development and the practices of fair trade.
We achieve this mission by:
- assessing the impact on these sectors of Community instruments, legislation and policies, mainly in relation to environment, competition and international trade, innovation, and Research and Development (R&D)
- encouraging the sectors to contribute to the attainment of the objectives of the policy of Sustainable Development and to participate in relevant Community programmes
- communicating information to representative bodies on Community developments, in particular through the Raw Materials Supply Group
- assessing the restructuring of the steel industry in accession countries
- collecting comprehensive economic and technical data on the sectors, within the EU.
24/11/2014 > 24/11/2014 Brussels
- No items for this category
Contracts and grants