Rolling Plan Conference on ICT Standardisation
Tuesday 25 March 2014, 9.30 - 16.30
Breydel building, Auditorium, 45 Av. d'Auderghem 1049 Bruxelles
Following the publication of the Rolling Plan on ICT Standardisation, the European Commission has organised a high-level Conference in Brussels on the 25th of March 2014. By contrast to the previous Work Programmes, the Rolling plan brings an enlarged vision of the activities of standard settings stakeholders, and has been prepared with the collaboration of the Multi-Stakeholder Platform on ICT Standardisation.
The objective of this event was to present and discuss interactively the topics of the Rolling Plan.
Main topics to be discussed
Key standardisation stakeholders were invited to present their priorities and own work programmes for 2014 and presented their own views on the Rolling Plan. In the afternoon, 4 workshops provided the floor for interactive discussions on a selection out of the following standardisation topics:
• Societal challenges: eHealth, Accessibility, Web Accessibility, e-skills and e-Learning, Emergency communications and eCall
• The digital single market: eProcurement, eInvoicing, mobile/card and internet payments, XBRL, Online dispute resolutions
• Sustainable growth : smart grids and smart metering, smart cities, ICT environmental impact, European Electronic Toll service, Intelligent Transport System
• Key enablers and Security: Cloud computing, (Open)data, e-Government, electronic identification and trust services, RFID, internet of things; network and information security, ePrivacy.
The Rolling Plan Conference 2014 brought together high-level representatives from the European institutions and representatives of public and private stakeholders with an interest in standardisation in the European Union.
1. Morning presentations
2. Session 1 eHealth and ICT Env
3. Session 2 eProcurement
4. Panel discussion
5. Digital Europe
6. Session 3 Smart drids
7. Session 4 IoT