Low Voltage Directive - ADCO documents
The Administrative Co-operation Working Group (LVD ADCO) is an independent Working Group run and chaired by the Member States. The Group is a forum for co-operation and exchange of information between national market surveillance authorities.
LVD ADCO Documents include Recommendations issued by LVD ADCO WG and Reports of cross border market surveillance projects. These documents are not legally binding. They do not necessarily represent the opinion of the European Commission or the LVD WP. If and when they are applied by market surveillance authorities, the provisions and principles of Article 9 of the LVD shall be respected.
Existing ADCO Recommendations
- Recommendation on General Issues - November 2010 [14 KB]
- Recommendation regarding Child-Appealing Household Appliances - November 2008 [24 KB]
- Recommendation Hot surfaces (16.08.2010)* [71 KB]
- Recommendation on LED replacement tubes - 7 February 2011 [97 KB]
Past ADCO Recommendations
- Recommendations of the Administrative Co-operation Working Group (LVD ADCO) - 1997-2006 [103 KB]
- Declaration of the LVD ADCO Group - 14 November 2006 [10 KB]
ADCO Reports and Information Documents
- LVD ADCO - Non-functional Hot Surfaces Project – April 2014
- Information Sheet: Pumps and other electrical appliances for mobile swimming pools [37 KB]
- Final Report: "Cross Border Market Surveillance LVD ADCO - Luminaires 2006" [557 KB] ( press release 21/04/2008)
- ATLAS to uniformly discriminate between portable luminaries for children and adults [2 MB]
- Final report "LVD Market Surveillance Campaign 2007 : Electrical Safety of Cord Extension Sets" [492 KB]
*Statement from the European Commission with respect to the ADCO Recommendation on Hot Surfaces:
The Commission recommends to market surveillance authorities to postpone the application of the Recommendation on Hot Surfaces, until further discussions are held on this issue.