Construction Products Regulation
Construction Products Regulation (the CPR) is to ensure reliable information on construction products in relation to their performances. This is achieved by providing a “common technical language", offering uniform assessment methods of the performance of construction products.
- the manufacturers when declaring the performance of their products, but also by
- the authorities of Member States when specifying requirements for them, and by
- their users (architects, engineers, constructors…) when choosing the products most suitable for their intended use in construction works.
The provisions of Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 prevail over any conflicting provisions in the harmonised standards.
Survey on implementation of the Construction Products Regulation
Risk & Policy Analysts is carrying out, on behalf of the ”DG Enterprise and Industry”, an online survey on the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation (EU) No 305/2011.
This consultation is aimed at obtaining information for an implementation report to be produced by the Commission by April 2016.
All stakeholders in the construction industry are invited to contribute, until 18 December 2014, by completing the questionnaire that is relevant to their type of actor. Further targeted consultations will follow based on the responses gathered by the questionnaires. The online survey is available at the following website: http://rpaltd.co.uk/cpr_implementation.
National CPR product contact points
Under the Construction Products Regulation (Art. 10) Member States shall give information on rules and regulations for construction products. These product contact points [340 KB] have to be established by 1 July 2013.
Implementing and Delegated Acts under CPR
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1062/2013 of 30 October 2013 (OJ L 289,31.10.2013, p.42) on European Technical Assessment format
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 568/2014 of 18 February 2014 (OJ L 157,27.5.2014, p.76) amending Annex V to the CPR - FAQs on Annex V (assessment and verification of constancy of performance) [260 KB]
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 574/2014 of 21 February 2014 (OJ L 159,28.5.2014, p.41) amending Annex III to the CPR - FAQs on Annex III (declaration of performance) [208 KB]
Overview on legal acts, studies and other activities at EU level
- Roadmap [225 KB] for the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation (CPR)