Classification - stakeholder consultation
In Implementation of the Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) in Community Legislation
The stakeholder consultation on the GHS draft Regulation was open from 21/08/06 till 21/10/06.
The consultation was based on the following documents:
- GHS Draft Regulation:
- Impact Assessment:
- Impact Assessment of Implementing the GHS - Study Summary (Risk & Policy Analysts / London Economics) [92 KB]
- Impact Assessment of Implementing the GHS - Work Package 1 (Risk & Policy Analysts / London Economics) [2 MB]
- Impact Assessment of Implementing the GHS - Work Package 2 (Risk & Policy Analysts / London Economics) [391 KB]
- Note on the optimal length of the transitional period (DG Enterprise / DG Environment) [38 KB]
- Downstream Legislation:
- Preparation of the Annexes:
- Glossary [49 KB]
The non-confidential replies and comments from the respondents are available in stakeholder replies [27 MB] .
Based on the replies and comments, the Commission Services drafted an evaluation of the stakeholder replies [46 KB] .
Following the examination of the replies and internal consultation among the Services, the Commission Services are updating the draft proposal. The outcome of the online consultation as well as the consultation documents do not prejudice in any way the final decision the Commission will take on its legislative proposal. The Commission will adopt the proposal as soon as possible. After adoption the proposal will be sent to Parliament and Council for co-decision.
Please note that the impact assessment report prepared by Risk & Policy Analysts (RPA) and London Economics (LE) is not the impact assessment of the Commission. The latter will be prepared on the basis of the RPA/LE report and the replies from this stakeholder consultation; it will be published after Commission adoption of the proposed act.