Key studies and guiding material relating to CSR
COMMISSION-SPONSORED STUDIES AND REPORTS
Report on the existing legal framework for human rights and the environment [2 MB]
Written by a team from the University of Edinburgh, this report analyses the existing legal framework for human rights and the environment applicable to European Union companies operating outside the EU.
Study on Responsible Supply Chain Management [4 MB]
This report focuses on three industrial sectors (cotton, sugar cane and mobile phones) in relation to some key CSR supply chain management issues, trying to identify good practices and challenges.
- Analysis of references made by large EU companies to international CSR guidelines and principles.
- ENTR co-funded work of UNPRI on building the capacity of the European investment community to use and integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) information
- Report of a group of European experts on CSR and SMEs, published in 2007 but still relevant today: Full report [684 KB] Summary of the key messages of the report [101 KB] (Click on the icon to the left to get different language versions)
- Impact Measurement and Performance Analysis of CSR
COMMISSION SPONSORED GUIDING MATERIAL FOR ENTERPRISES
CSR guidance for smaller businesses
- CSR handbook for small business advisers [3 MB] (Click on the icon to the left to get versions in French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish)
- Questionnaire to raise SME awareness of CSR [162 KB] (Click on the icon to the left to get different language versions)
The European Commission has published practical human rights guidance for enterprises in 3 business sectors:
- Employment and Recruitment Agencies [2 MB]
- Information and Communication Technology [3 MB] (ICT)
- Oil and Gas [3 MB]
Resources on human rights for smaller businesses
- Introductory guide to human rights for SMEs [2 MB] Click on the icon to the left for different language versions. This guide was written by a team from GLOBAL CSR and BBI.
- Five short case studies [2 MB] of European small and medium-sized enterprises addressing human rights.
Start the video and choose your language (English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish) by clicking at the top left of the video, left to PLAYLIST"