The Conference "Getting SMEs on the road to recovery"
- focuses on local and regional solutions to the key challenges facing SMEs;
- key-note speakers on:
- implementing the Small Business Act in the Member States
- the SBA as an exit strategy from the crisis for SMEs
- the way ahead for the SBA
- workshops with inspiring local and regional examples of best practice on:
- Promoting the entrepreneurial spirit
- Improving the business environment
- Investing in skills
- Supporting the internationalisation of business
- Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship
- Access to finance & helping SMEs face the crisis
- Encouraging innovation & eco-innovation
- is aimed at local and regional public authorities, business organisations, and experts from Member States’ national administrations;
- forms the closing event of European SME Week 2010.
Please download the conference programme here. [116 KB] - updated, 28 May 2010
The European Enterprise Awards 4th edition: rewarding the best promoters of small business
- showcases and rewards the most innovative initiatives to promote entrepreneurship and small business by public authorities at national, regional and local level;
- interactive workshops with shortlisted candidates to exchange good practice & exhibition stands to present these projects in detail;
- the winners from among 53 nominees from 28 European countries to be announced during a gala dinner by European Commission Vice President A. Tajani, Spanish Minister of Industry, Tourism and Trade M. Sebastián and the President of the Committee of the Regions.
Read more about the European Enterprise Awards here: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/best-practices/european-enterprise-awards/index_en.htm
The Small Business Act for Europe (SBA) – a new framework for SME policy
Bringing SMEs’ needs to the forefront of EU policy:
- Ten guiding principles to guide the conception and implementation of policies at EU and national level;
- an ambitious package of concrete and far reaching new measures to translate these principles into action at EU and Member State level.
Good progress in implementing the SBA has been achieved so far, but continued vigorous implementation remains of utmost importance.
Read more about the SBA here: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/small-business-act/
European SME Week 2010 (25 May – 1st June)
A pan-European campaign in 37 countries, to:
- inform on what support the EU and national, regional and local authorities can offer micro, small and medium-sized businesses;
- promote entrepreneurship so that more people, and in particular younger ones, seriously consider becoming an entrepreneur as a career option;
- recognise entrepreneurs’ contribution to welfare, jobs, innovation and competitiveness in Europe.
Read more about SME Week here: http://ec.europa.eu/sme-week
For any questions and remarks relating to the Conference and Award Ceremony or the contents and presentation of this website, feel free to contact us:
Commissioned agency MEDIA CONSULTA is implementing the Conference "Getting SMEs on the road to recovery" The Small Business Act for Europe & EUROPEAN ENTERPRISE AWARDS CEREMONY 2010 website on behalf of the European Commission.
MEDIA CONSULTA Event GmbH
Ms. Sabine Körner
European Commission’s Enterprise & Industry DG: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise
European Commission’s Small Business Portal: http://ec.europa.eu/small-business
Spanish Presidency of the EU: http://www.eu2010.es/en/index.html?idioma=en
Committee of the Regions: http://cor.europa.eu
European Enterprise Awards: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sme/best-practices/european-enterprise-awards/index_en.htm
European SME Week 2010: http://ec.europa.eu/sme-week
Tourist information on Madrid: http://www.spain.info or http://www.esmadrid.com