Conferences and presentations in 2011
- On 2.12.2011, Antonios Fysekidis from Enterprise and Industry DG presented, in Casablanca, Morocco, the role and the achievements of Enterprise Europe Network and drew the attention of the representatives from Mediterranean neighborhood countries to the numerous business cooperation, technology & knowledge transfer and innovation opportunities that the Network offers for SMEs. The presentation [201 KB] was held during the conference of the Mediterranean Innovation and Research Action -MIRA supported by the 7th Framework Programme on Research and Technological Development.
- From 13 to 15 December 2011, Euro-Mediterranean experts, policy-makers and managers of financial instruments [17 KB] exchanged knowledge and good practice to help SMEs access finance. The workshop was organised by Enterprise and Industry DG within the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Charter for Enterprise. It was hosted by the Milan Chamber of Commerce and supported by the EU TAIEX instrument.
- On 30 November and 1 December 2011, Euro-Mediterranean experts, officials and business representatives shared their knowledge and experience with respect to administrative simplification. The workshop was organised by Enterprise and Industry DG, within the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Charter for Enterprise. See the report [12 MB] and the list of participants.
- From 24 to 26 October 2011, experts in innovation from 18 Euro-Mediterranean countries [274 KB] shared their knowledge and experience with respect to innovation strategies and governance models, public-private partnerships, clusters, technology parks and innovation funding instruments. The workshop was organised by Enterprise and Industry DG within the framework of the Euro-Mediterranean Charter for Enterprise. It was hosted by the Milan Chamber of Commerce and supported by the EU TAIEX instrument. A report of the meeting [553 KB] is available.
- Alexandria, Egypt, 21-22 September 2011- The MedAlliance network of 400 business support organisations from Europe and the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean countries announced at their annual Euromed Invest Summit an ambitious action plan to strengthen small business development in the Euro-Med region. See presentation [3 MB] .
- A Symposium on how to prepare and train school teachers for entrepreneurship education was held in Istanbul on 13-15 July 2011. The Symposium brought together policy makers and practitioners of 17 EU partner countries from the pre-accession and Mediterranean Neighbourhood regions. The Symposium involved a series of focus groups preceded by good practice sharing, resulting in a set of concrete ideas and action plans [923 KB] for stepping up activities in this area.
- With a view to exploring ways for involivng local players more closely in Euro-Mediterranean industrial cooperation, Ms Marie Corman represented DG Enterprise and Industry [626 KB] at a meeting organised by the Euro-Mediterranean Regional and Local Assembly (ARLEM) - Commission for Economic, Social and Territorial Affairs (ECOTER), in Porec, Croatia, on 8 July 2011.
- 15 June 2011 - The User group for the Euro-Mediterranean standardization of Digital professions [135 KB] met in Cairo. Hosted by the Egyptian Organization for Standards and Quality (EOS) and chaired by Dr Hany Barakat, a group of public and private stakeholders from Mediterranean partner countries was presented the work and preliminary findings of a Euro-Mediterranean standardization Project team. Stakeholders represented industry, academy, vocational training and international organisations/cooperation projects.
The Project team - comprised of Experts from the North and South of the Mediterranean - is funded by the European Commission to assess the feasibility and benefits of a Euro-Mediterranean repository of digital professions within the framework of CEN's (European committee for standardization) work on ICT Skills. Exchanges during the meeting outlined the strong interest of Mediterranean stakeholders for the standardization of professions in ICT, which will facilitate business cooperation in the field of ICT in the whole Euro-Mediterranean area. The next User group meeting will be held on 5th October 2011 in Brussels. The project is part of the Euro-Mediterranean industrial cooperation process and will deliver its phase 1 results in December 2011.
List of participants [16 KB]
- 6 June 2011, Barcelona - In order to strenghten cooperation to promote SMEs in the Mediterranean, Marie Corman (DG Enterprise and Industry) attended the meeting organised by the Secretariat of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfMS).
- 31 May 2011 - [440 KB]
- Delegates from Algeria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palesinian Authority and Tunisia participated in the conference "Mobilising SMEs for the Future of Europe" in Budapest on 24-25 May 2011.
- The 8th Ministerial Meeting on Euro-Med co-operation was held in La Valette on 11th and 12th May.