Contracts and grants - calls for proposals
Grants are direct financial contributions by way of donation, from the budget of the European Union in order to finance any of the following:
- an action intended to help achieve an EU policy objective (grant for action);
- the functioning of a body which pursues an aim of general European Union interest or has an objective forming part of, and supporting an EU policy (operating grant).
Each year DG Enterprise and Industry publishes a grant work programme. This document summarises all calls for proposals planned to be published for the financial year concerned, as well as a reference of other grants that DG Enterprise and Industry intends to award to specific entities.
Calls for proposals will be published individually on this website. Applications will be possible only after publication of the individual call, within the deadline indicated for that specific call. The conditions for application and the template documents to be used are indicated for each individual call.
As a rule, applications for DG Enterprise and Industry grants are to be submitted electronically. The necessary information to how to submit an application is indicated in the Guide for Applicants.
The European Union has the task to promote equality between women and men and shall aim in all its activities to eliminate gender inequality (articles 8 of the Treaty). In this context, women are particularly encouraged to either submit proposals or to be involved in their submission.
- Grant Work Programme 2013 [440 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2012 [111 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2011 [167 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2010 [174 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2009 [149 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2008 [143 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2007 [125 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2006 [115 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2005 [140 KB]
- Grant Work Programme 2004 [113 KB]