Thematic papers discuss different cross-cutting topics based on the information available made by the regional correspondents. The topics of the individual papers are determined in agreement with the Commission and on consultation with regional stakeholders.
- Thematic paper 6: Innovation Policy in Metropolitan Areas - addressing societal challenges in functional regions
- Thematic paper 5: Identifying Potential and Niches of Innovation – A Policy Intelligence Toolbox
- Thematic paper 4: The Role of Universities for Regional Innovation Strategies
- Thematic Paper 3: Demand-side innovation policies at regional level
- Thematic Paper 2: Policies and Processes of Smart Specialisation: Realising New Opportunities
- Thematic Paper 1: Conceptual layout of the Regional Innovation Monitor