With a will to promote equal opportunities and social inclusion, as well as quality tourism offer, the European Commission has published a call for proposal to support the development of accessible tourism itineraries.
This call aims at supporting activities dealing with the design, implementation, promotion, and marketing of accessible tourism itineraries, allowing tourists with special access needs to fully enjoy exciting and diverse tourism experiences.
More specifically, the activities under this call will contribute to:
• foster adaptation of tourism products and services to the needs of people with special access needs;
• promote equal opportunity and social inclusion of people with special access needs;
• improve skills and training with relation to accessibility in the tourism supply chain;
• help mainstreaming accessibility in all segments of the tourism supply chain, while at the same time creating a seamless chain of accessibility in tourism;
• promote, market and disseminate best practices in accessible tourism;
• provide adequate support and guidance to SMEs;
• enhance the quality and diversify the offer of accessible tourism experiences in Europe.