When expanding their businesses to China, many companies are facing the elementary question of how to enter the China Market. Avoiding misunderstandings in verbal and nonverbal communication when negotiating 'across cultures' can be a challenge.
In fact, foreign entrepreneurs are often concerned that mistakes in handling business negotiations in China could result in a loss of opportunities.
The EU SME Centre is a Support Service Provider for European Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) facilitating market access in China. The Centre provides free of charge, practical information, advice and business tools to better equip SMEs to develop their business and tackle challenges faced in the Chinese market.
Boasting a strong team of in-house market access advisors and specialists, the Centre provides relevant, hands-on support services to EU SMEs wishing to export to or invest in China, covering the areas of Business Development, Standards and Conformity, Legal issues, Human Resources and Training. Moreover, the Centre acts as a platform facilitating coordination amongst Member State services and directs SMEs to other specialised European public and private sector service providers.
The EU SME Centre free services cover:
- Business Development – provision of market information, business development and marketing advice
- Legal – legal information, ‘ask the expert’ initial consultations and practical manuals
- Standards – standards and conformity requirements when exporting to China, search tool for standard databases and guidelines on conformity assessment
- HR and Training – industry and horizontal training programme, database on available training courses, advice on HR issues
- Access to a service providers directory and information databases
- Hot-desking – free, temporary office space in the EU SME Centre to explore local business opportunities
On top of that a series of webinars will guide SMEs through the maze of Chinese trading customs, legislation, cultural peculiarities and business practices.
For a complete list of the webinars visit: