Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) European Enterprise Promotion Awards 2013 Julkaistu: 12/03/2013
The European Enterprise Promotion Awards aim to recognise innovation and reward the success of public bodies and public-private partnerships in promoting enterprise and entrepreneurship at a national, regional and local level.
European Enterprise Promotion Awards 2013 Launched
15/02/2013: The Commission today launched the 2013 European Enterprise Promotion Awards. The awards recognise the best public initiatives and public-private partnerships in promoting business development and entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship is the most powerful driver of economic growth and job creation.
This year, a new category to reward successful projects to boost green economy has been added to the five existing categories (see below).
About the awards
Since 2006, the European Enterprise Promotion Awards have rewarded excellence in promoting entrepreneurship and small business at a national, regional and local level. Over 2 000 projects have entered since the awards were launched and together they have supported the creation of well over 10 000 new companies. Its objectives are to identify and recognise successful activities and initiatives undertaken to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship, showcase and share examples of best entrepreneurship policies and practices, create a greater awareness of the role entrepreneurs play in European society and encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
The objectives of the Awards are to:
- identify and recognise successful activities and initiatives undertaken to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship;
- showcase and share examples of best entrepreneurship policies and practices;
- create a greater awareness of the role entrepreneurs play in society;
- encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
The six award categories are:
- Promoting entrepreneurial spirit
- Investing in skills
- Improving the business environment
- Supporting the internationalisation of businesses
- NEW – Supporting the development of green markets and resource efficiency
- Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship.
The award in the new category to support sustainable growth will be given to projects supporting resource efficiency and SME access to green markets.
For further information on the European Commission initiative for entrepreneurship see the Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan.