- TNS Political & Social network.
This Flash Eurobarometer, "Attitudes of Europeans Towards Tourism" (No 370), was conducted at the request of the Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry in the 27 Member States of the European Union and seven additional countries: Croatia, Turkey, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Serbia and Israel. This is the fifth consecutive year that the European Commission has carried out such an extensive survey.
The objectives of the survey were to study:
- respondents’ motivation for going on holiday in 2012
- information sources and tools used to research and organise holidays
- respondents’ travel profile, preferred destinations and holiday types
- satisfaction with various aspects of holidays in 2012
- plans for holidays in 2013, including the potential impact of the current economic crisis on those plans