The overall objective of this call for proposals is to provide support services to assist EU SMEs to both protect and enforce their intellectual property rights in or relating to the MERCOSUR region including Chile.
The applicants will have to define the target countries of their choice as set out in the call for proposals (closing date: 7 May 17:00 CET).
The specific objectives for the MERCOSUR IPR SME Helpdesk are:
- To provide first line advice services on IPR protection and enforcement in the covered region as well as expert liaison and signposting services;
- To provide a multi-lingual web portal for IPR protection in the MERCOSUR region;
- To develop and provide materials for legal background support for EU SMEs;
- To provide trainers and training materials on MERCOSUR IPR enforcement and related subjects for SME workshops and clinics in the EU and around the covered region;
- To create a network to inform SMEs on latest IPR developments and available support for enforcement;
- To monitor selected IPR cases and follow IP policy affecting SMEs in the MERCOSUR region;
- To participate in trade fairs or 'partenariat' events;
- To provide basic support for initial contacts with local law enforcement agencies in the MERCOSUR region.
The full call documents are available on the participants portal at the link:
budget: € 600 000 (Maximum EU Contribution)
Specific Programme(s): Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (EIP)
Questions on this call for proposals can be submitted in writing by sending an e-mail to: ENTR-CFP-12-B-ASMER@ec.europa.eu