Attitudes of Europeans Towards Tourism - Flash Eurobarometer Report (March 2012) Offentliggjort den: 18/02/2013, Seneste opdatering: 19/02/2013
- TNS Political & Social.
This Flash Eurobarometer, “Attitudes of Europeans Towards Tourism” (No 334), was conducted at the request of the Directorate-General for Enterprise and ndustry in the 27 EU Member States and in seven additional countries: : Croatia, Turkey, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Norway, Iceland, the Republic of Serbia and Israel.
The objectives of the survey were to study:
- respondents’ motivation for going on holiday in 2011,
- the types of research and modes of organisation that people use before taking a holiday,
- attitudes towards tourism ( e.g. preferred holiday destinations, and the types of holiday that respondents favour),
- respondents’ travel profiles in 2011,
- the reasons why respondents did not go on holiday in 2011, including the potential impact of the current economic crisis and respondents’ holiday plans for 2012
The interviews were carried out by telephone (fixed-line and mobile phone) between 10 and 14 January 2012 with nationally representative samples of citizens, in the 27 EU Member States, Croatia, Turkey, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Norway, Iceland, the Republic of Serbia and Israel.
The sample size varied between countries, ranging from about 500 in the smallest countries to about 1.500 in the largest (see section “Technical Specifications” in the Annexes where the actual sample sizes for the 34 countries are indicated).