Survey on the attitudes of Europeans towards tourism - Wave 3 (May 2011) Pubblicato il: 18/02/2013, Ultimo aggiornamento: 19/02/2013
- The Gallup Organization.
This Flash Eurobarometer "Survey on the attitudes of Europeans towards tourism" (No 328) has beenconducted at the request of Directorate General Enterprise and Industry in the 27 EU Member States and in five additional countries: Croatia, Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Norway and Iceland.
The objectives of this survey were to study:
• respondents’ travel profiles in 2010 – “short private” or holiday trips
• the reasons why respondents did not go on holiday in 2010
• the characteristics of citizens’ main holiday trip in 2010 (e.g. method of transport used)
• the financial aspects of taking a holiday (e.g. how to save money while being on holiday)
• various attitudes of citizens towards tourism (e.g. their preferred holiday destinations)
• respondents’ vacation plans for 2011.
In February 2009 and 2010, similar Flash Eurobarometers were conducted (No 258 & 291)1 in the 27 EU Member States; the three waves of the survey asked EU citizens about their holidays in 2008, 2009 and 2010 as well as their vacation plans for for 2009, 2010 and 2011. The current report presents comparative data between those three waves.