The SJU intends to select and co-finance around 10 projects offering SESAR integrated remotely piloted air system demonstration activities, each for a maximum duration of 24 months.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to select a number of ‘Demonstration Activities’ Projects, including integrated pre-operational flight trials activities, (the “Demonstration Projects”), which shall aim at:
- demonstrating how to integrate RPAS into non-segregated airspace in a multi-aircraft and manned flight environment, in order to explore the feasibility of integration with the wider aviation community by 2016;
- focusing on concrete results filling the operational and technical gaps identified for RPAS integration into non-segregated airspace; and
- capitalising on the SESAR delivery approach by providing synergies, risk andopportunities, with the overall SESAR programme.
The Demonstration Activities shall:
- be relevant at European scale;
- be performed in European Union and/or Eurocontrol member States;
- cover various types and sizes of RPAS, and
- be performed between the third quarter 2013 and first quarter 2015