OPEN DAYS 2012 : EU regional tourism initiatives – boosting growth, delivering results Δημοσιεύθηκε στις: 12/07/2012
Committee of the Regions
JDE52 - Brussels - (Belgium)
|Προσθέστε το στο ημερολόγιό σας|
Europe is the most important tourism region in the world.<br/><br/>The sector generates 5-10% of EU GDP and gives jobs to almost 10 million people.<br/>It is also one of the economic sectors with the highest growth potential as travelling, either for leisure or business, has become a part of the European way of life.
Realising this potential despite the economic downturn is a significant challenge.
But it is also an opportunity that cannot be missed.
This workshop will explore the regional dimension of tourism and will strive to answer how the regional initiatives can best drawn on the EU cultural and natural heritage to deliver results for economy and for European citizens.
- Antonio TAJANI, Vice President of the European Commission, Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship
- Ramón Luis VARCARCEL SISO, President of the Committee of the Regions
- Enrico ROSSI, President of Tuscany
- André MARCON, Chairman of the Assembly of the French Chambers of Commerce and Industry and the President of Euromontana
- Eleni MARIANOU, Secretary General, Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions of Europe
- Betina MELISS, Project Leader on Sustainable Development, Council of the Baltic Sea States