(12/G/ENT/TOU/11/411B) Promotion of trans-national thematic tourism products in the European Union as means of sustainable tourism development
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to provide added value to the European tourism sector by improving the sustainability and competitiveness of European cultural and sustainable tourism.
This call aims at supporting and promoting cross-border and trans-national tourism routes/itineraries/trails, either physical or virtual, with a view of being able to contribute, directly or indirectly, to a more sustainable tourism industry (e.g. spreading local cultures and traditions, promoting emerging destinations "off the beaten tracks", reducing CO2 emissions caused by the tourism industry, etc.)
The specific objectives are:
- to promote and increase visibility of different transnational tourism products - such as routes/itineraries/trails, either physical or virtual - focused on thematic aspects. These could include: cultural heritage itineraries, cycling routes, greenways, protected natural sites, health and wellbeing (including spa tourism), educational, wine and food, historical, sport tourism, religious tourism, agri-tourism, rural tourism, or tourism capitalising on the maritime and sub-aquatic cultural heritage, industrial heritage or the economic fabric of a region (the list is not exhaustive).
- to contribute to the promotion and development of a sustainable and responsible tourism offer.
- to facilitate the exchange of information on and coordination of such trans-national activities.
Please note that additional information may be posted on this webpage during the publication stage.
We encourage you therefore to visit this page regularly.
Dokumenti in povezave
- Call text (94 KB)
- Draft agreement (multiple beneficiaries) (86 KB)
- Questions and Answers (Upd. 29.06.2011) (117 KB)
- Organisations looking for partners (upd. 28.06.2011) (132 KB)
- Form for organisations looking for partners (52 KB)