Workshop : Interplay between Standards and IPR Publicado el: 15/10/2010, Última actualización: 25/10/2010
|Fecha del evento:||23/11/2010|
CHARLEMAGNE, room Lord Jenkins : 170 rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels
|Añadir a su calendario|
Workshop about the preliminary results of the Study on the interplay between Standards and Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs).
-- INTRODUCTION --
In December 2009, DG Enterprise & Industry commissioned a "Study on the Interplay between Standards and Intellectual Property Rights - IPRs . The aim of this fact-finding study was to provide an empirical and analytical review of trends and their consequences.
During an Open Workshop, the Commission's contractor will report preliminary findings on the following subjects :
- Analysis of the current situation and trends regarding the inclusion of IPR protected elements in standardisation from an international perspective.
- Analysis of the economic impact of IPRs included in standards.
- Analysis of actual issues arising from the introduction of IPR protected elements in standards, like consensus in the standards making process, implementation of standards and possible disputes between different stakeholders.
- Analysis of IPR policies and practice of governments, standards organisations and businesses.
- Identification of the main issues to be addressed to improve the interplay of standards and IPRs as well as solutions.
-- AGENDA AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION --
Agenda of the Workshop : please see below.
Participants should register as soon as possible using the form below
Registration will be free of charge and handled on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Interested parties should register as soon as possible, using the form below,.
Registration procedure for this workshop is subject to data privacy rules
Due to the limited capacity of the conference room, the European Commission reserves the right not to accept registrations over that capacity.
Participants registered by the deadline will receive a confirmation message.
The collected personal data (name, address, e-mail) is intended for the express purpose of organising the event (participants' list, badges).
There are no registration fees for participation in the Workshop.
Welcome desk :
A Welcome Desk will be available at the Workshop venue from 9:30 am until the start of the Workshop. Participants are kindly invited to collect their entrance badge at this desk.